The Cast Iron Teapot or Tetsubin was a way of showing off your status in Japan
This Cast Iron Teapot with Hobnail design symbolizes Strength in Japanese culture.* Pattern: Hobnail
* Color: Black
* Removable Stainless Steel Tea Strainer Included
* Enamel Coated interior to prevent rusting
Serving your Tea:
* Although in the olden days the tetsubin was heated above an open flame, Never heat your tetsubin over a stovetop exposed flame
* Heat the water in a separate conventional stainless steel kettle and use your tetsubin for brewing and serving only.
* Place tea in the stainless infuser
* Adjust according to tea variety and preferred taste
* Pour hot water into the teapot, cover and allow to brew for 3 to 5 minutes.
* Remove infuser and tea leaves and serve
* Tea Leaves maybe used again depending on the quality of the tea
Detail Care Instructions are enclosed with each teapot